Happy New Year Folks!!!
Let’s begin the year with a healthy and oil free recipe. I have of-late being cooking a lot of zero oil recipes. I will be sharing them soon.
I had already shared with you my mom’s simple Cauliflower Curry. Using the same method minus the oil part, I have been making this Zero Oil Chole for quite some months now. It tastes as great as the original. Here am sharing this healthy recipe…
– Soak the chickpeas overnight and cook in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water for 3-4 whistles or till soft.
– Make a fine paste of onions, tomatoes, green chili, ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
– Heat a deep pan(as the ground paste starts to splutter)
– Add the cumin seeds and fry for few seconds to allow it to change color.
– Add the ground paste, both the chilli powders and salt to taste.
– Cook on medium heat till the raw smell goes off.
– Add in the chole masala and soy sauce and saute.
– Add the cooked chickpeas along with some of the cooked water and mix well. (Add water to required consistency).
– Add Kasuri methi and allow to cook for around 5 minutes on medium heat.
– Remove and serve hot with Wheat Paratha/ Chapatti / Phulkas.