In my Spicy Paniyaram posted before, I had mentioned that we can make it with other veggies too … here is another healthy and tasty version of the popular South Indian breakfast / tiffin item.
Today I have prepared it by adding carrots, beans, capsicum along with onions and seasonings to the dosa batter.
Since my son loves this, I always make some extra dosa batter. I have never tried it with Idli batter, though I know people make it from it too. Here goes the recipe of this 😋 yummy dish…
– Finely chop, the onions, green chillies, corinader leaves and curry leaves.
– Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
– Add Bengal Gram / Channa dal and allow to change colour.
– Add the onions, beans, capsicum, green chillies, curry leaves and lastly the grated carrots. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
– Mix this to the Dosa batter along with coriander leaves.
– Heat a non-stick Paniyaram mould on low flame and grease it slightly with oil.
– Pour the batter into the moulds.
– When the lower side is cooked, it starts to leave the sides. Turn it slowly and cook on the other side too.
– Once both the sides are golden brown remove the Paniyarams.
– Repeat with the remaining batter.
– Serve hot with Coconut Chutney.
– Only Onion can be used instead. Do increase the quantity. For the above recipe you will require the same amount of finely chopped onion.
– Instead of the veggies equal quantities of cabbage and onions can also be used.
– You can also add Methi leaves or Dill leaves instead of the coriander leaves.