Here is another yummy and healthy dish from Ridge Gourd which is a great curry variety to go along with chapati or phulka.
– In a mixer, add the green chiles, garlic, grated coconut, coriander, turmeric and grind to a fine paste. Keep aside.
– Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
– Add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
– Add onions & curry leaves and saute till onion is translucent.
– Add the chopped ridge gourd and add salt and stir.
– Add the grinded paste and few tablespoons of water and mix well. The vegetable will leaves its own water , so few tbsp should be fine.
– Cover lid and cook for 1 whistle.
– Allow the pressure to release and then stir. Add water if required for more gravy consistency.
– Serve hot with Phulka or chapatti or Wheat Paratha.