We are a carrot loving family. My son loves to eat them raw than to the cooked version. Since he loved carrots I always wanted to bake a carrot cake. I was on a back foot since he didn’t like the version we had bought from outside. It was mainly due to its dark color. Not sure what they added to get the darker shade.
My MIL makes awesomely 😝 yummy cakes. This time around, when she was here I made this easy carrot cake which came out with a lovely color, texture and tasted 😝 yummy.
This is a recipe for baking beginners. Here goes the recipe..
– Use all ingredients at normal temperature.
– Preheat the oven to 180 Degree Celcius for 15 minutes.
– Grease the baking tray using butter, dust it with a little plain flour/maida and remove the excess flour else line with a parchment sheet.
– Sieve the refined flour, powdered sugar and the Cinnamon/Clove/Nutmeg powder thrice and set aside.
– In a blender or mixer jar, add grated carrot, eggs & oil. Blend it into a smooth puree. Transfer this into a mixing bowl.
– Now mix in the seived mixture little at a time to the carrot puree and fold / mix with a spatula.
– Fold gently until you get a smooth, creamy fluffy texture. Do not over mix the batter.
– Pour this batter into the greased baking tray. (The batter should be just above the half mark of the tray.)
– When you pour the batter into the baking tray, you can see that batter will fall like ribbon shape.This is the correct texture of the batter.
– Keep the tray in preheated oven and bake it at 180 C for 30 to 45 minutes. (Mine took 35 minutes). Baking time may vary depending on the type of oven.
– After around 30 minutes, open the oven and insert a tooth pick in the centre of the cake to check whether it is baked well or not. If it comes out clean , the cake is done. Else bake for another 5-10 minutes.
– Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for few minutes.
– Now invert/unmold the cake from the tray and keep it on a wire rack for few more minutes.
– Serve warm or cool cake. You can store in a dry airtight container.