As mentioned in my post of Palak Pulao/ Spinach Rice, here am I posting the recipe of Spinach Veggie Rice .. simple yet healthy version with veggies. The best part is the children enjoy and eat the healthy spinach and veggies without any fuss.
– Clean and wash rice and soak for 1/2 hour. Drain and keep aside.
– Clean and rinse the spinach very well and chop 1/2 of it roughly. Use the stem portion for grinding. Finely chop the other half. Keep aside.
– In a blender, blend 1/2 of the spinach, ginger, garlic and green chillies using water to a smooth paste.Keep aside.
– Keep 3 cups of water to boil.
– Heat Oil in a pressure cooker, add the bay leaf and stir.
– Now add in the onions and sauté till translucent. Add in the carrots, french beans, green peas and sauté for 2 minutes on medium heat.
– Add the Spinach puree and sauté for 4-5 minutes on medium flame or till the raw smell goes.
– Now add in the drained rice, salt and mix well.
– Add the boiling water to the rice and stir.
– Bring to boil and cover with lid.
– Switch off gas after 1 whistle.
– Allow pressure to release and then gently fluff the rice.
– Serve hot Spinach Vegetables Rice with Raitha of your choice.