Bangalore has a lot of different varieties of greens. I have of late observed that my mom adds greens like Spinach, Fenugreek, dill leaves, among others. That is a great way to feed children greens. My son is a bit fussy on eating spinach. So I applied my mom’s idea and add greens to most of the dishes like we add coriander.
Recently when I made chicken, I added quite a few baby spinach leaves finely chopped. He loved the curry and ate it. I too was happy for getting him to eat spinach too.
Here is the recipe..
– Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onion paste, garlic & ginger paste till golden brown.
– Add tomato puree. Sauté till the tomato puree dries up.
– Now add coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Let the spices cook.
– Add chicken pieces into the masala. Stir well and cook till they are golden brown.
– Add 1/2 cup of water and stir. Cover with a lid and let it simmer till the chicken is cooked.
– Add spinach leaves and mix well. Serve hot with chapatti roti, phulka or wheat paratha.