Butter chicken is one of the famous dishes. My son of recent has taken a liking to eating chicken. He had tasted Butter Chicken from a friend at school and he loved it very much. He had even collected the information that his friend’s mom cooked Sanjeev Kapoor’s Butter Chicken recipe.
I looked up for Sanjeev Kapoor’s recipe of Butter Chicken. I have made a few healthy twist to the recipe by reducing the use so much butter, using garam masala powder instead of whole spices and using tomato sauce instead of whole tomatoes. He loved it and ate most of the dish.
Here goes the recipe..
– Prick the chicken pieces all over with a fork. Place them in a large bowl and add the salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder and lemon juice and mix well.
– Cover the bowl and set aside to marinate for thirty minutes in a refrigerator.
– For the marinade, mix together yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, salt and garam masala powder. Add the oil and mix.
– Add the chicken and mix well so that all the chicken pieces are well coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for about two hours.
– Heat a cooker, add in the chicken and the marinade along with the tomato sauce and mix well. Add 1/4 cup of water and pressure cook it for a whistle.
– Remove and add the butter.
– Mix well and serve with naan, roti, chapatti or any rice dish.