Bitter is a vegetable which is less liked by people. But I am here to share my recipe which is easy and makes the bitter gourd delicious. My husband loved it. Sharing the recipe below.
- Take bitter gourd and slice it in round shape.
- Take a bowl and transfer the bitter gourd into it.
- Add 2 tbsp salt and mix it well. Close it with a plate & leave it for 15 minutes.
- Now take another bowl with water and transfer the sliced bitter gourd into it.
- Wash it thoroughly and remove the water completely.
- keep a wok on flame. Add oil.
- Now add cumin seeds & bitter gourd into it.
- Saute till you can see the bitter gourd turning into brown colour.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder & coriander powder.
- Add sliced onion & mix well. Close the pan with a lid.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid & pour quarter glass of water.
- Mix well & leave it for 15 minutes.
- Bitter gourd is ready & it goes really well with puris.
PS: Washing away the bitter gourd with salt & then in water will reduce the bitterness to 70%