Carrots are commonly used by all around the world. Lots of lovely dishes are made using carrots alone or along with other veggies or meat.
The health benefits of carrots include reduced cholesterol, prevention from heart attacks, warding off of certain cancers, improved vision and reduced signs of premature aging. Furthermore, carrots have the ability to increase the health of your skin, boost the immune system, improve digestion, increase cardiovascular health, detoxify the body, and boost oral health in a variety of ways. They also provide a well-rounded influx of vitamins and minerals.
Am sharing with you a simple yet elegant dish that can be made in 5 minutes.
– Grate the carrots using either the thick or the thin grater. I have used the thin grater. Keep aside.
– Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
– Add in chopped onions, green chilles and saute till onion is translucent. Add in the curry leaves and stir.
– Add in the grated carrots along with salt to taste and stir. Lower heat to medium and saute till carrots are cooked about 3-5 minutes.
– Serve as accompaniment with south Indian lunch of rice, Sambar and Rasam garnished with grated coconut and chopped coriander.
– You can add split bengal gram before adding the onions and allow to change colour.