My mom tasted this simple and tasty curry at her sister’s home who was that time in Delhi. Her sister had made this using white channa and potato.
My mom had been making this with a variety of veggies too, viz cauliflower, potatoes, mixed veggies besides making the original version she learnt. She called the curry made aa Delhi Curry.
I had been making this a couple years back at home. A few days back when i was thinking of making something else from the cauliflower i had bought, that the usual cauliflower paratha, I remembered that I had not been cooking this simple and time saving dish. When I made it, my son who loves Cauliflower paratha more was not happy on my idea of making curry until he taated it. He said it was yummy and gave me permission to cook it often apart with his favorite paratha.
Here is the recipe to this yummy easy dish.
– Make a fine paste of onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
– Clean and blanch the cauliflower florets. Keep aside.
– Heat oil in a deep pan(as the ground paste starts to splutter)
– Add the cumin seeds and allow spluttering.
– Add the ground paste, both the chilli powders and salt to taste.
– Cook on medium heat till oil seperates.
– Add the blanched cauliflower and mix well.
– Add Kasuri methi and allow to cook for around 5 mintes.
– Remove and serve hit with Wheat Paratha/ Chapatti / Phulkas.