I had 2 ripe bananas left over at home and no one was in the mood of finishing it. I remembered that my Sister-in-law had recently made this at home and thought of trying it out. The out come was yummy.. Got good reviews from my MIL and my 2nd SIL as well apart from my mom, hubby and son.
This is a delicious, soft and easy to make cake.
I made this with Refined flour as I had it at home, but it does work great with Whole wheat flour as well or a mixture of both. We are a small family and making small amounts works for me just fine. And also, if required, I get to make it all over again.
Double/half the quantity as required.
Here goes the recipe for this yummy cake.
– Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C), and grease a 4×8-inch loaf/Round pan.
– In a bowl, add the mashed bananas and stir in the melted butter/Oil into it.
– Mix in the rest of the ingredients one by one. Stir in to make a smooth, lump free batter.
– Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
– Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a tooth-pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
– Set aside in pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Serve warm or transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
– You can use 1/2 quantity of Whole wheat flour and 1/2 of All Purpose flour (i.e 3/4 cup each)
– Use 1/2 Cup powdered sugar if you like less sweet and 1 cup for more sweetness