South Indian’s have a variety of Chutney’s prepared as a side dish with their typical Dosa, Idly, vada among others. One such delicious, quick and easy chutney is Peanut chutney. This chutney also makes a great spicy spread for sandwiches.
– Dry roast the peanuts on low flame stirring continuously till cooked (about 5-7 minutes). Keep aside and cool.
– In a mixer, add the dry red chillies, few curry leaves, salt, tamarind paste along with the Cooled roasted peanuts.
– Grind to course paste and then add water and grind to a chutney consistency, not into a smooth paste.
– Heat a small pan, add oil and mustard seeds. Allow mustard to splutter. Switch off flame.
– Remove chutney to serving bowl and season with the mustard. Serve with Idly or Dosa or Vada.
– You can add curry leaves to the seasoning also.