Posting a very simple Fresh Fenugreek Leaves Biryani recipe. Few ingredients are used to make this simple yet delicious Biryani.
My son is a great fan of biryani, not interested in veggies, especially the greens..I had bought these and he refused to eat the parathas if I made them. Since he loves his biryani’s, I stuck on the idea of using Fresh Methi leaves in the biryani. I have grinded the soft stems also, so that we use the plant to the optimum.
Here goes the recipe…
– Soak rice for 1/2 hour. Strain and keep aside.
– Chop the Fenugreek leaves. I usually do a medium chop.
– Grind the fresh soft stems of the fenugreek and green chilies along with ginger garlic paste into a smooth paste.
– In the mean while bring to boil 4 cups of water.
– Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the chopped Onions and saute for a minute.
– Add the grinded mixture, garam masala, biryani masala and mix well.
– Add the fresh fenugreek leaves and stir.
– Add salt to taste and the rice. Mix well.
– Add the boiled water and stir. Once the water starts to boil again, close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle. Switch off flame.
– Allow pressure to release on its own. Remove lid, fluff with a spoon/fork.
– Serve hot with Raitha of your choice.