Parathas are sustaining and wholesome. This no mess paratha is tasty and easy to make. Ideal for working ladies. I had green peas left in my freezer and was wondering what to make of it. Making paratha using the puréed green peas and combining it with whole wheat flour to make the delicious paratha dough was the only way I cud think of on that tried night.
Both whole wheat flour and green peas are rich in fiber, which aids in controlling blood sugar levels.
Each paratha has been cooked with minimum oil, thus making it healthy for the whole family. My son loved it so much that he wanted for the next day breakfast too.
I served this with Curd and Lemon pickle.
– Puree the green peas into a smooth paste using 1 tbsp of water in a mixie.
– Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough without using any water. (Use water only if required)
– Divide the dough into equal portions.
– Roll out each portion into a discs with the help of a little flour to roll the paratha.
– Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and cook each paratha until both sides are golden brown, using as little oil as possible.
– Serve hot with curds and Pickle.
– Increase the number of green chilies as per your taste.