This is a very simple and tasty recipe. It can be made in a jiffy when you have some unexpected guests at home. My mom has a variety of such easy to make fritters to make during the rainy evening. I have enjoyed them a lot when I was there in Bangalore. My son had this during one of our last visits to Bangalore and now insists I make this often minus the green chillies.. He even asked me to add his favourite veggie carrot to it.. Hence, I have tried this with grated carrot also. Try adding cabbage or any other vegetable and enjoy.
– Mix the rava, rice powder, asafoetida, green chili, onion and salt.
– Heat oil a kadai, pour about 3 tsp oil over the rava mixture. Reduce the flame to low. Mix with a spoon as the oil is very hot.
– Pour water little by little to make a dough.
– Scoop out small portions and deep fry it in hot oil till golden brown.
– Enjoy with sauce or chutney as a nice tea time snack.