Potato and Capsicum make a great combination. This is one of the easiest recipes with few ingredients. My hubby had tried his hand on this once when he was alone at home and wanted to eat some home made food. Potato is a fav in my family…cook it alone with any other veggie…we just love it.
I cook this recipe when I am short of time. This is my mom’s recipe, which goes well with both rice & roti. I have made this as a side dish for Rice.
– Wash, peel and cut the potato into cubes.
– Wash and cut the Capsicum in par with the Potato Cubes.
– Heat oil in a pan and add turmeric powder. Add in the potatoes and stir well.
– Simmer and add salt to taste.
– Cover and cook till potatoes are half done, stirring in between.
– Once the potatoes are half done, add in the capsicum and cover and cook on simmer for another 5 minutes.
– Sprinkle the garam masala and mix well.
– Remove and serve with Chappati/Roti.
– You can even temper this recipe with Mustard seeds, curry leaves and top it with Finely chopped Coriander leaves too.
– Add 1/2 cup water to the potatoes while cooking if you want a gravy version.