Make sambar instantly by adding this mix to boiling water.
This Recipe has been Sourced from Radha’s Your Everyday Cook.
South Indian food is never complete without a yummy sambar. Working ladies like me find it cumbersome to make Sambar in the mornings as sometimes we may not have time in the kitchen that we long for. The instant mixes come to our rescue then.
Many of us buy the branded powders, although we might not be comfortable with using due to the ingredients added, but have no easy recipe to alternate the instant powders.
Well here is a easy and quick instant Sambar Powder.
– Heat a pan and fry tamarind until brittle. Remove and keep aside.
– Dry roast the dals one by one till golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
– Similarly dry roast the rest of the ingredients one by one except Turmeric powder.
– Allow all ingredients to cool and grind with tamarind and turmeric to a fine powder.
– Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add this to the ground mix. Once the powder cools, store in airtight container.