I have already posted the recipe to make Instant Sambar Powder which can be stored for quite a few weeks. Below is how to make the sambar using the Instant Sambar Powder.
I have added separately boiled/cooked veggies to the sambar.
– Heat oil in a deep vessel. Add Cumin and mustard seeds, allow spluttering.
– Add curry leaves and stir.
– Add 2 Cups of water into the vessel, increase heat and bring water to boil.
– In a small bowl, add 2 Tbsp Instant Sambar Powder and salt to taste into 1/4 cup water and stir to make a lump free paste.
– Add this paste to the boiling water.
– Add cooked veggies and boil for a few minutes.
– Serve hot with Rice.
You can just add some shallots if you do not have boiled veggies ready or you don’t have time to boil some.