1) Clean & wash the fish pieces. Now keep an earthen pot/deep pan on stove.
2) Add coconut oil & leave it till it becomes hot.Now splutter mustard seeds & dry red chilly.
3) Add 1 string of curry leaves,ginger,garlic,green chilly. Sauté till it turns golden brown.
4) Add onion,salt & turmeric powder.Sauté till onions becomes nice golden brown in color.
5) Lower the flame. Add red chilly powder.Mix well till it leaves it’s raw smell.
6) Add 4 cups of water & tamarind water in it(make sure you squeeze the tamarind well before removing it from water).
7) Mix well & leave it on low flame for 10 minutes with closed lid.
8) Now add the fish pieces,mix well & leave it again with closed lid on a low flame for 15 minutes.
9) Add hing powder,few drops of coconut oil & 1 string of curry leaves.Check salt,if required then add now.
10) Switch off the flame & serve it hot with steamed rice.