1) Keep a pan on flame.Add oil.Now,splutter mustard seeds,add asafeotida, curry leaves,ginger & garlic.
2) Add futana,coconut,all dry powders,salt & mix well.
3) Add tomatoes,mix well & add water.Give a stir & close the lid for 10 minutes.
4) Open the lid & stir again.Add the soaked tamarind along with water in it.Mix well & leave it for 5 minutes.Add coriander leaves.
5) Leave it for 15 minutes to cool down & then mix it in a mixer jar with little water till you get a fine paste like a chutney consistency.
6) Serve it with Onion paranthas,idli,dosa or even with uthappams.