Here is a simple variety of Mango Pickle. It is easy to make and if stored properly, has a long shelf life as well. Here goes the recipe.
1) Take a bowl.Add red chilly powder,salt & turmeric powder.Mix well & keep aside.
2) Keep a wok on flame & add oil.
3) When oil is heat. Add mustard seeds, dry red chilly, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, asafeotida. Stir well till it leaves nice aroma.
4) Now add the powdered mixture & switch off the flame.Keep stirring well & leave it for 2 minutes so that the temperature of the wok comes down.
5) Add mango & stir well.Transfer it to a bowl/container & have it with any type of rice.
– Ones pickle cools down, keep in fridge for long life of the pickle as it doesn’t gets spoiled.