I have already posted the basic Akki Rotti or Rice Flat-bread. My son loves carrot and asked me to add this to Akki Rotti when I made this yesterday. It was indeed a nice way to feed children carrot.
– In a bowl, mix all ingredients except oil in a bowl. Add required amount of water to make soft firm dough.
– Divide into equal sized balls.
– Grease a griddle/tawa; place a rice ball and using your fingers pat the dough spreading and shaping to a circle – a thin pancake shape.
– Make a few holes so that the roti does not puff up.
– Grease it with oil and cover and cook for a minute.
– Remove lid and cook on medium heat till the lower side is slightly golden brown in colour.
– Flip and grease again with oil. Roast till slight golden brown in colour.
– Cool the tawa and repeat the above steps for rest of the rice balls.
– Serve with a dollop of Butter, Coconut chutney or Brinjal Chutney or Chutney powder & Curd.
– Here I have added coriander leaves as well to the Akki Rotti, you can skip it if you want.
– Grease your fingers with oil or wet with water to avoid Rotti dough from sticking.
– These rotti’s can be made on a butter sheet or a thick plastic sheet.
– You can also roll this out using a rolling pin, make sure that either the rolling pin is greased or cover it using the other half of the paper or a thick plastic sheet or plantain leaves used.
– Transfer the flattened rotti onto a hot griddle or tawa removing off the butter sheet or plastic sheet.