Green Peas Pulao also known as Matar Pulao is one of the quick one pot meal I make. I always have Home made ginger and garlic pastes in stock so making this pulao becomes very easy. Also, my family doesn’t like the whole spices in their Pulao’s, so I use the home made Garam Masala powder I have.
This pulao can be done in a jiffy and also tastes delicious. It is best for packing for lunch or picnics too. Here is the recipe….
– Rinse rice well and soak in water for 15-20mins. Drain water and keep aside.
– Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker.
– Add in onions and saute till translucent.
– Add in the ginger, garlic, and green chili paste and saute for a minute.
– Add the chopped tomatoes, mint leaves and saute till mint leaves shrink
– Then add peas and give a quick stir.
– Add required the rice, garam masala and salt to taste and stir.
– Add water and bring to boil. Close with lid and cook for 1 whistle.
– Once pressure releases , open and carefully mix the rice and fluff it up.
– Serve hot with any gravy or raitha of your choice.
– If you like adding the whole spices, you can add Cloves -2, Cardamom -1, Cinnamon -2 inch piece to the oil first when heated.
– Adding mint leaves gives a nice flavor but its purely optional.
– You can also add a pinch of garam masala powder for extra flavor.
– Soaking rice helps in cooking faster. I usually use 1:1.5 rice:water ratio for basmati rice.