This is a very simple Kerala Style stir fry. This stir fry goes well as a side dish for rice.
– Wash and string the broad beans. Cut it into small pieces or 1 inch pieces. I prefer to cut it small.
– In a pressure cooker boil 1/3 Cup of water, add salt to taste and finally the chopped broadbeans. Bring the water to boil again.
– Cover lid and allow the pressure to come. Switch off and allow the pressure to release. This ensures that the green colour remains intact.
– Pour through a strainer. Retain water and use in soup or add to sambar or rasam.
– Heat oil in a pan, add in the crushed shallots and garlic. Saute till translucent.
– Add in the curry leaves and stir.
– Now add in the crushed red chili powder and saute till the raw aroma goes, about 30 seconds.
– Add the grated coconut and the cooked broad beans.
– Mix well.
– Serve with rice as an accompaniment.