Am back…after a long time, I am starting off again on a sweet note. Made this yummy colourful halwa yesterday and am sharing the same with you guys.
Halwa’s are essentially sweet dishes made of mashed and boiled vegetables that are served as desserts.
Beet root as a veggie is very nutritious and healthy. Beetroot Halwa is a delicious Indian sweet that is easy to prepare and tastes great. The colour is awesome to that of the Carrot Halwa. This recipe is excellent for kids who are usually not fond of beet roots..
The recipe is similar to making Carrot Halwa.
Here is the recipe.
– Wash, peel the skin and grate beetroot.
– Heat Ghee in a pan and add the Cinnamon stick, star anise, cashew nuts and raisins. Fry till it leaves a nice aroma.
– Add grated beetroot, cardamom powder, Pepper powder and mix everything well.
– Stir fry till the raw smell of beetroot goes.
– Now add milk, sugar & orange skin. Mix everything well.
– Cook on low flame till the beetroot becomes soft and the milk evaporates.
– Switch off the flame, remove Cinnamon and star anise from it.
– Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish it with sliced almonds.
– Enjoy it hot, warm or even chilled.