Aloo Palak is a typical Punjabi recipe which is very easy and simple. It is a combination of cubed potatoes with chopped spinach. This is usually served hot with rotis or parathas.
– Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
– Once the Cumin seeds crackle add the whole red chilli, finely chopped garlic, ginger & salt. Stir for a minute.
– Now add the spinach, coriander powder, turmeric powder and asafoetida and stir.
– Cover and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
– Now add in the cubed potatoes and stir fry for 5 minutes.
– Cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes on low flame.
– Serve hot with Rotis or Parathas.