Thanks to Diny Regi for inventing this yummy one-pot dish.
– Wash the chicken add salt, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, black pepper powder and yogurt. Mix well and keep in freezer for 20 minutes.
– Meanwhile keep cooker on the stove, add oil.
– Fry 1 large onion till brown. Keep aside.
– To the same oil, add bay leaf, black pepper corns, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
– Add 1 sliced onions, slit green chillies and salt. Fry till onion is translucent.
– Add the chicken marinade and mix well.
– Pour 2 Cups of water. Don’t add the rice yet.
– Close the lid and Cook the chicken for 3 whistles.
– Heat 2 Tsp ghee in a shallow fry pan and fry Cashew nuts till golden brown, remove aside.
– Add the raisins and allow to swell up. Remove and keep aside.
– Now add the rice and fry till rice is opaque.
– Once the pressure is released add the fried rice to the pressure cooker and cook for another 1 whistle.
– When the pressure releases, add the roasted onions, cashew-nuts, raisins, turmeric powder, milk, chicken masala powder and the coriander leaves.
– Mix well and serve hot with your choice of raitha.