Below is a spicy version of Rice Congee/Porridge. Simple and tasty.
– Cook the rice in 3 cups of water along with salt to taste in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles (1 on high flame and the other on low)
– Remove the lid once the pressure is released and add more water (another 1-2 Cups) to make a porridge consistency.
– Heat oil in a shallow fry pan on medium heat, add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
– Add the peanuts, channa dal and urad dal and stir fry till they change color.
– Add in the curry leaves and green chillies and stir fry for 10 seconds.
– Add this to the congee along with the fresh coriander leaves. Mix well and serve hot in a bowl.
– Enjoy with or without Mango pickle.