Usually we mix in the Fenugreek /Methi leaves directly to the wheat flour. I tried this method of frying Methi leaves with Spices and then mixing it into the wheat flour. This too has a great taste.
– Heat oil in a pan and add the ginger paste, green chillies, cumin powder, methi leaves and salt. Sauté till the methi leaves get slightly toasted (maximum of 7 minutes). Allow to cool.
– Mix the spiced methi mixture & wheat flour (add salt if required, as we have already added to the Methi Mixture) along with enough water to get a soft dough.
– Divide the dough into equal size balls.
– Roll each ball out as thin as possible.
– Heat a griddle/tawa on medium heat.
– Place the methi chapati on the hot tawa and cook until both sides are golden brown.
– After removing from heat apply ghee/butter on both sides.
– Keep covered to maintain softness.
– Serve hot with curds and pickle or curry of your choice.