– Cook Toor dal along with turmeric powder in 1½ cups water till soft (if using pressure cooker cook for 2 whistles – 1 on high and 1 on low). Mash the dal lightly.
– Wash and cut the drum-sticks into 1 – 1½ inch pieces.
– Add the Drumstick pieces, onion, tomato, sambar powder, turmeric powder, green chili, Jagaree and Tamarind pulp.
– Cook on medium heat till the Drum stick is cooked for about 7-8 minutes approximately.
– Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard, then add curry leaves to it. Add this to the cooked dal.
– Add the grated coconut and the coriander leaves.
– Boil the mixture for 5-8 minutes.
– Enjoy with white rice.
– You can also use Potato, Onion Greens/Stem, Roots of the Amaranths along with the drum-sticks. These give different flavours when cooked with Drum-sticks.
– Use any one of the above veggies with the Drum-sticks.