– Cook Red gram and Toor dal along with turmeric powder in 2 cups water till soft (if using pressure cooker – cook for 2 whistles – 1 on high and 1 on low).
– Cook vegetables along with Onion and Tomato separately with little salt.
– In a mixer take 2-3 Tbsp of cooked red gram and toor dal together, add the sambar powder, salt and tamarind pulp and grind to a paste as fine as possible.
– Add this paste and the cooked vegetables to the cooked gram.
– Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard, then add curry leaves to it. Add this to the cooked gram.
– Add the grated coconut and the coriander leaves.
– Boil the mixture for 5-8 minutes.
– Enjoy with white rice.