– Cook Toor dal along with turmeric powder in 1½ cups water till soft (if using pressure cooker – Cook for 2 whistles – 1 on high and 1 on low). Mash the dal lightly.
– Wash and dry the Okra/Ladies finger on paper towel. Cut them into 1 inch pieces.
– Heat 1 Tsp of oil in a heavy bottom vessel and add a pinch of turmeric powder. Add the chopped okra and fry over low flame for 3-4 minutes.
– Add a little salt and the tamarind pulp along with ¼ cup water and allow boiling for 5 minutes on low flame.
– Add this along with the sambar powder to the cooked dal.
– Heat oil in a tadka pan and splutter mustard, then add curry leaves to it. Add this also into the cooked dal.
– Add the grated coconut and the coriander leaves.
– Boil the mixture for 5-8 minutes.
– Enjoy with white rice.