I made this as a change from my usual Idly Manchurian which i make when ever there is left over Idly’s at home.
– Powder the Idly’s with hand. There should not be big lumps.
– Heat oil and add mustard seeds. Allow spluttering.
– Add peanuts and fry till ¾th done.
– Then add in the channa dal, onion, curry leaves, asafoetida, and green chillies, stir fry till onion is translucent.
– Add turmeric & mix well.
– Now add in the powdered Idly’s. Mix well.
– Stir fry for 2-3 Minutes on medium heat till the Upma is hot.
– If required, add salt (Idly’s will have salt, so be careful while adding extra salt).
– Remove from fire, add the lemon juice and mix.
– Garnish with coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
– Keep the Idly’s in the fridge for 2-3 hours, remove and powder them. It becomes easy to powder them.