Tired of eating the same old Arhar dal or moong dal day after day? Then it’s time to try an easy yet delicious mixed lentil dish. This quick, easy recipe will tickle your taste buds.
1 Cup Whole Moong dal
1 Cup Whole Masoor dal
1 Cup Whole urad dal
1 Cup Arhar dal
1 Cup Channa dal
2 Medium Onion finely chopped
2 Medium Tomato finely chopped
2 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
Chilli powder to taste
½ Tsp Garam masala powder
1 Tsp Cumin seeds
Coriander leaves for Garnish (optional)
Salt to taste
2 Tsp Oil
– Soak all the four dal in water for 15 minutes and then pressure cook it so that the lentils get cooked properly. Allow it to cool.
– Heat oil and add cumin seeds. After that add the chopped onion and fry it till the onion gets a nice brown colour. Make sure not to overdo it.
– Add the ginger garlic paste. Sauté
– Add the tomatoes and then add the chilli powder and a pinch of turmeric powder. Let the masala get a nice consistency.
– Add the boiled dal. Let it cook for a while. Before taking it off from the stove, add the garam masala.
– Garnish it with coriander leaves (Optional)
This delicious dal goes very well with either Roti/rice.